The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch® 9000E Chassis LAN Switch (CLS) family is a high-capacity
core switch that addresses large enterprise network needs for secure and highly available
core switches to support voice, data and video solutions. The OmniSwitch 9000E CLS, part of
the OmniSwitch portfolio, is also ideal for use in data centers or metro Ethernet environments
because it was designed for deployments requiring high capacity, scalability and virtualization.
The OmniSwitch 9000E CLS family offers enterprises and service provider’s gigabit and 10 gigabit capacity links, advanced layer-3 switching, high resiliency with Multi Chassis Linkagg (MC-LAG), high availability through in-service software upgrades (ISSUs), layer-2 segregation using VLANs, stacked VLANs and Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS), as well as layer-3 segregation using multiple virtual routing and forwarding (VRF). The OmniSwitch 9000E CLS also uses the familiar and fieldproven Alcatel-Lucent Operating System (AOS), providing effortless deployment and extended features to address new customer requirements.
• Smart continuous switching and ISSU support for non-stop operation in redundant chassis management module (CMM) configuration
• Extensive layer-2 and layer-3 protocols support for spatial resiliency
High performance and scalability
• Wire-rate processing for simultaneous layer-2 and IPv4/IPv6 traffic
• High density Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) (384 ports) and 10GigE (192 ports)
• Extended scalability in network policies, access control lists (ACLs)/quality of service (QoS) and multicast flows for a better VoIP and video experience
• MC-LAG provides system resiliency with node level redundancy while increasing network scalability with multipath activeactive dual homing
• Up to 64,000 media access control (MAC) addresses per chassis
• Up to 4,094 VLAN IDs
• Jumbo frames up to 9,216 bytes